These broadcasts regarding fire and ambulance calls were monitored this past week by the newspaper.
7:05 a.m. — A loaded cement truck turned over as it rounded the Main St. curve at Cedar St. Marion ambulance and firefighters responded, but the driver appeared to be uninjured and was not transported. The road was blocked for about three hours.
8:04 a.m. — A woman who fell on Upland Rd. between Lakeshore Dr. and Prairie Ln. was assisted by Marion ambulance. She was not taken to a hospital.
4:36 p.m. — A woman reported a possible gas leak in the 200 block of N. Buller St. in Goessel, telling dispatchers she had a headache and felt dizzy. Goessel firefighters and first responders found no evidence of a leak, and Hillsboro ambulance was told to disregard.
11:10 a.m. — A woman who fell out of a chair in the 500 block of S. Cedar St. was assisted by Marion ambulance. She was not taken to a hospital.
6:02 p.m. — A woman who fell and was complaining of hip pain on Gilham Rd. east of Upland Rd. was taken by Marion ambulance to St. Luke Hospital.
8:48 p.m. — A patient at St. Luke was taken by Marion ambulance to Newton Medical Center.
9:49 p.m. — An individual who fell in the 500 block of S. Cedar St. was assisted by Hillsboro ambulance. No one was taken to a hospital.
10:35 p.m. — A woman in her 60s with chest pains at Westview Manor was taken by Peabody ambulance to Newton Medical Center.
2:33 a.m. — A patient at Hillsboro Community Hospital was taken by Marion ambulance to Wesley Medical Center in Wichita.
12:40 p.m. — A woman who was diabetic and unresponsive in the 300 block of S. Washington St. was assisted by Hillsboro ambulance. Transportation to a hospital was refused.
7:17 a.m. — A patient at St. Luke was taken by Marion ambulance to Via Christi – St. Francis in Wichita.
10:55 p.m. — A leaking gas meter in the 300 block of N. Lincoln St. was shut off by Marion firefighters.
5:35 p.m. — A dispatcher sent Durham firefighters to a reported tractor fire on the “west side of Main St., intersection of Douglas.” At 5:49 p.m. a Durham firefighter reported that the fire had burned itself out by the time they arrived.
8:48 a.m. — A request was made to dispatchers over the standard ambulance channel, presumably by an off-duty EMT, for Hillsboro ambulance to respond to the 600 block of E. C St. to provide lifting assistance. No one was taken to a hospital.
11:32 a.m. — A smoke alarm at St. Luke Living Center was checked by Marion firefighters. No smoke or fire was discovered.
9:25 p.m. — A fire alarm in the Dakota dorm was determined by Hillsboro firefighters to have been set off by a cooking accident. Firefighters ventilated the building and reset the alarm panel.
4:59 p.m. — A woman in labor in the front lobby of the sheriff’s office at the county jail was taken by Marion ambulance to St. Luke.
5:05 p.m. — A man concerned that “his color is not right” and was having breathing difficulties in the 100 block of W. 6th St. in Florence was taken by Peabody ambulance to St. Luke. Florence first responders assisted.
5:54 p.m. — A patient at St. Luke was taken by Marion ambulance to Wesley Medical Center.
8:01 p.m. — A resident with breathing difficulties at Westview Manor was taken by Peabody ambulance to Via Christi – St. Francis.